Blog Archive

Monday, March 14, 2011

Paradise



This weekend was pure paradise.  There is no other way to describe it.  We left for the beach Saturday morning and came back Sunday night.  We stayed at this resort/convention center where everything was included so we didn’t have to worry about anything.  Within two minutes of our room we could get to the pool, someplace to find food at all hours of the day, and the ocean!  It was amazing!  The waves were so strong because of the tsunami from the earthquake.  I have never seen waves that big or strong before.  I spent the weekend rotating between lying on the black sand beach, eating, sitting in the hammocks listening to the ocean, and eating.  It was pure bliss!  I don’t really know what else to say about it because I didn’t really do anything else this weekend except relax, so here are a few random things:

The view from my hammock

·          I had never seen black sand before.  It was so HOT, and my sandals broke the first time I walked in the sand, which meant I had to walk barefoot .   
·         I didn’t sleep well at all last week, but I slept SO amazing on Saturday night.  It was great!
·          A bunch of us woke up early on Sunday to watch the sunrise.  It was pretty amazing.  I went a little overkill on the pictures, but it’s better to have too many than not enough!
·          I did a super great job of applying sunscreen this weekend…except for the backs of my knees.  They’re a little red, but I think I’ve learned my lesson now and won’t forget that part ever again.








So yeah that was my weekend, and to top it all of our girls’ basketball team won on Friday night!!  STATE HERE WE COME!  They play at the Target Center at 6:00 on Wednesday.  If you can, GO!  Simon, you’d better cheer extra loud for me since I’m not going to be there! 



No comments: