Blog Archive

Monday, May 23, 2011

El Fin: Home!

I'M HOME!  Here's an overview of my last week or so


Semilla (A seminary in Guatemala City): 

We spent three days debriefing before flying home.  I finished up the last few things I had for school, so I didn't have to worry about any of that once I got home.  All of us went bowling one day as one last activity before going our separate ways for the summer.  Our last day there I was the first time I was completely sick of eating rice and meat for just about every meal.  I just couldn't do it anymore.  I'm super thankful that didn't happen until my last day in Guatemala!


Travel Day: 

We left Semilla at 8:30 on Wednesday morning, and said goodbye to Sydney who will be staying in Guatemala working with SI as summer staff for a few more weeks before she heads home.  It was weird leaving her there.

Our flight left Guatemala around 12:00, and we got to Miami around 4:30 because of the time change.  After going through customs, I ate my first meal back in the States.  I laughed at myself as I was eating because I had fried rice -rice and eggs, what I had been eating for the last 4 months! It was so good though!  It felt weird to order in English and when the guy took my tray I had to stop myself from saying, "Muchas gracias!"


My last view of Guatemala.
We got to MSP around 10:30 where my mom was waiting for me!  We stayed in a hotel in the Cities that night, and I was so excited about the carpet.  Mom just didn't understand what it was like walk on carpet for the first time in four months!

Thursday-BETHEL & SAUK CENTRE:

On Thursday I stopped at Bethel and had lunch with my roommates.  There was a few minutes where we were actually all in the room at once, something that rarely happened first semester! 


My wonderful roommates:  Kate, Stephanie, Amy, Me, and Megan!

Next was Sauk!  It was SO good to be home!  Sophi (my dog) was SO excited to see me.  She wouldn't leave me alone and kept wimpering at my feet. 



Needless to say, it's great to be back home, but I'm already feeling the more fast paced, hectic life of being back in the States. 

No comments: