Blog Archive

Tuesday, March 1, 2011

March Maddness


Photo curtesy of Linda Nelson of L Gallery

Ok, I know basketball has nothing whatsoever to do with Guatemala, but if anyone knows me at all, they know I’m obsessed with basketball.  My high school basketball team (25-1) is ranked #2 in the state right now heading into playoffs.  If the best team makes it to state, we’re in.  Don’t worry, I’ll be sure to post updates throughout playoffs!  Good luck Daddy!!!
Ok back to Guatemala.
Today is the one month mark of our arrival here in Guatemala.  It’s SO crazy to think that I’ve been here for a month already!  It’s flown by!
Last weekend wasn’t too terribly exciting.  We had economics lectures for six hours on Saturday.  They went faster than I anticipated which was great.  Sunday I went to the bilingual church again, went to a fun Mexican restaurant for lunch, and then attempted to do homework the rest of the day.
Photo curtesy of Leah
I’m enjoying my extra free time this week since we don’t have economics class every day after Spanish class.  I walked around the market with Leah, and we walked up the cross on the north side of Antigua as a group.  It’s about a 15 minute walk up to get there, and the view was beautiful!  It was so amazing.  I really hope we’re able to go back sometime.
Today we went on another field trip for class.  This one was much more organized.  We rented a bus to go to San Antonio Aguas Calientes; at least I’m pretty sure that’s the name of it.  A woman at a cooperative talked to us and explained what she does.  Some of our group dressed up in traditional clothes and got married.  It was a really fun time, and we had some good laughs with our teachers.  I only have three days of class left, but really only like two because we won’t be doing much on Friday except correct my paper.
Happy Tuesday, and if you’re going to be in the Sauk Centre gym tonight, cheer loud for me!


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Greta! My picture is on your blog! I feel so famous! :) Thanks for writing...keep it up!