Blog Archive

Monday, March 28, 2011

Back at Language School

Probably the most exciting thing that happened was when I was doing homework in my room and all of a sudden I hear Leah scream from the bathroom.  She comes rushing into our room to tell me there is a giant bug in the shower, so I went to kill it for her.  That’s as exciting as it gets for me now that we’ve started our second language class.  There is more homework for this class than the last class, and for the most part my days were filled with school, lunch, homework, supper, and more homework.  I may be in Guatemala, but I’m still a college student.
 
Friday afternoon it looked like the weekend was going to be filled with homework; however I used my time wisely and it didn’t take me as long as I thought, which meant my weekend turned out to be pretty great! 

On Friday night two of our friends, Laura and Sydney, came over and we watched Kung Fu Panda and ate chocolate cake.  It was super fun, and I don't know why we don't do that more often.  We're staying at one of the few host families that allows us to have friends over to hang out. 

 
Laura, me, Leah, and Sydney with our cake!


Saturday afternoon Leah and I walked around and went in this famous.  The next day we realized that we were in part of the hotel that we probably weren’t supposed to be in because you have to pay to tour that part, but no one stopped us…

Ruins at the hotel



Another part of the hotel



The past couple Sundays we've gone to a two different families who work for SI to eat supper.  Last Sunday we went to the director's, Fernando, to eat spaghetti.  When we walked in, their daughter Nivia says, "Come in, sit down, this is your house."  They're so great.  This Sunday night we went to Rachel and Aaron Kelly's.  Rachel cooked a great “American” meal for us, and we played a fun game of body, body after supper.
I have almost been here two months which is SO crazy to me!  I’m over half way done with my time here, and although I still love, love, love it here, I’m getting more and more excited and ready to go home each week. 

No comments: