Blog Archive

Monday, January 24, 2011

Goodbye Minnesota Weather!

         Despite the cold and snow, I couldn't have asked for a better last month in the States.  Christmas break included lots of time at home with friends and family.  One of my mom's comments on Christmas Eve was, "How can three people have so much fun together?"  That pretty much sums up my time at home.  It was a blast!
         My last weeks at Bethel included ice skating, cross country skiing, a Brandon Heath concert, going to my aunt's and playing with my cousins Jordan and Megan, and going to several Northwestern basketball games to watch my other cousin Nathan.  My friend Annie also drove to have lunch with me today!  She's so great! =)
         I'm looking forward to spending a few more days here at Bethel, before heading home to spend my last days with my family and finish packing and all that other last minute stuff.  I'll be able to get to two Sauk Centre Girls' Basketball games which I am thrilled about!
         My next few days are going to be crazy.  I'm leaving Bethel Thursday afternoon for Sauk, and I have to be at the airport at 3:45 AM on Saturday morning.  I'll be leaving Sauk VERY early Friday night/Saturday morning.  We fly out of MSP at 6:05 and have a layover in Miami before heading to Guatemala.  It will be a long day of travel, but lucky for me Guatemala is in the same time zone as Minnesota so I won't have to adjust to that too.
         I found out today who I'll be rooming with while in Guatemala and that I will be working at a school for a month and then at the social work site for the second ministry site.  It feels really good to know a little bit more of what I'll be doing down there and who I will be living with.  Next time I write, I will be writing from Guatemala and will have lots more details about life there!  Please continue to pray for me during these next few days and weeks as they are bound to bring many changes and challenges.

-Greta

No comments: